Top Karthus Counters
Do you find yourself struggling against Karthus in ranked games? If so, you’re not alone. Karthus can be a difficult champion to deal with, but with the right counter picks he can be brought down to size.
Here at Sullygames, we’ve put together a list of the top 5 counters to Karthus in ranked play. If you’re looking to take down the lich king, make sure to keep these champions in your back pocket.
Índice del artículo
Introduction to Karthus
Karthus is a unique champion that can be a major pain to deal with if you’re not prepared. He deals a lot of damage and can easily lockdown enemies with his spells.
Let’s start with the basics: who is Karthus? He’s a versatile mage who can be played in multiple positons. However, he relies on his Q spell to do damage. Take in cosideration it does double damage if he catches you isolated. His ultimate is a global map multi target damage ability making her a threat to enemies at all stages of the game.
Now that you know a little more about him, let’s take a look at the top 5 counter picks for Karthus in all positions.
Passive: Death Defied
Upon dying, Karthus enters a spirit form that allows him to continue casting spells.
Q: Lay Waste
Karthus unleashes a delayed blast at a location, dealing damage to nearby enemies. Deals increased damage to isolated enemies.
W: Wall of Pain
Karthus creates a passable screen of leeching energy. Any enemy units that walk through the screen have their Move Speed and Magic Resist reduced for a period.
Karthus passively steals energy from his victims, gaining Mana on each kill. Alternatively, Karthus can surround himself in the souls of his prey, dealing damage to nearby enemies, but quickly draining his own Mana.
After channeling for 3 seconds, Karthus deals damage to all enemy champions.
Top 5 Karthus Counters
There are plenty of champions that can counter him quite effectively. Here are the top 5 counters to look out for in ranked games:
- Illaoi (TOP): Illaoi is great at shutting down Karthus’ abilities and preventing him from dealing any damage.
- Jax (TOP): Jax is a master at dodging spells and can easily take down Karthus in a fight.
- Yasuo (MID/BOT): Yasuo is very good at dodging spells and can easily take Karthus down with his wind wall ability.
- Ziggs (MID/BOT): Ziggs can easily shut down Karthus’ abilities with his bombs, and he’s also great at zoning enemies.
- Warwick (JUNGLE): Warwick is able to easily take down Karthus in a fight with his high damage and healing abilities.
Karthus vs Kha’zix
As he previously said, you got a list to counter Karthus in every single lane into the game. However there is one certain champion, which is harder to play with but is the best Karthus counter out of there. We’re talking about Kha’Zix. Karthus vs Kha’zix is the most painful scenario as possible. He can literally leap onto Karthus and one shoot him down quickly.
Said that, it’s not just about picking a champion that can take down Karthus. You also need to be aware of the Karthus player’s playstyle. If they’re typically aggressive, you’ll need to counter them with a more defensive champion. And if they’re playing more passively, you can go for an aggressive counter.
Take a look at the list and see which champions work best for you and your team.
How to Play Against Karthus
So you’re facing a Karthus in your next game of ranked. What do you do?
- Well, the first thing to remember is that Karthus is a very squishy champion. He can be killed relatively easily, so don’t be afraid to go in for the kill.
- Secondly, make sure you have some form of crowd control. abilities like stuns and roots will help keep Karthus in check.
- Lastly, use champions that are good against mages. Champions like Ahri and Zed can really shut down Karthus’s ability to do damage.
When to Pick Karthus
So when should you pick Karthus in ranked? Well, there are a few situations where he can be really effective.
- For one, he’s great against champions that rely on abilities to do damage, like mages. He can also be really good against team compositions that are high in magic damage.
- Another situation where he can be really useful is when you need someone to soak up a lot of damage and bait enemies into engaging.
Of course, there are also times when it’s not the best idea to pick Karthus. For example, if the other team has a lot of hard-hitting champions, or if they have a lot of crowd control abilities, then he might not be the best choice.